Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Warm up the winter with creativity in the kitchen

Cooped up and tired of the cold?

Maybe you are like me and tired of all the warm weather vacation pictures everyone (but me) seems to be flaunting on social media. What to do, what to do? 

Well, I have been turning my creative energy inward and started cooking! My husband and I have taken to researching recipes on a Sunday afternoon, and then going to the grocery store Sunday evenings for our weekly menu supply. Some have been real winners, like the teriyaki chicken with sushi rice. Others were not quite as successful, but fun to create anyway!

Sometimes we rely on old standbys. Like quiche. Never considered it for dinner? Well think again. It's warm, flaky, and can be filled with any ingredient to suit your palate. I tend to buy just the pre made, frozen crust. It comes in a two-pack. I will make one flavor for the kids, and one for adults. If you aren't up for two, they freeze beautifully. VoilĂ , dinner for next week is ready! 

While we all endure this endless winter, we need something to keep our sanity! Throw a dinner party and let your creativity shine. Not in the mood to cook? Try our take on the "European" dinner. We serve up some good cheeses, sliced meats and hearty bread. I added some grapes and some good nuts, and dinner is ready! Of course, with a nice glass of wine, most things taste even better. 

Good luck with whatever method you choose to battle through the winter. Remember, spring will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment