Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Finding summertime balance

Well it's official, I think I should become a taxi driver. I have done more running around with my kids and their summer schedule this second week of break than ever! I am trying to find a happy balance between structured activity and plain 'ol summertime fun.

Then to top it off is the struggle to fit in some "me" time as well! We went to basketball camp, the Y, a reading tutor, a swim meet and a playdate all on a Tuesday! That was after we skipped tennis and swimming lessons!! I tried not to over schedule this summer but I don't think I have succeeded. I need to remember that kids are happy just being kids.

The highlight of our week was when they successfully managed to retrieve a rock stuck in a sewer grate. They got to enlist the help of the older, cooler neighbor kids and were beyond excited to show me their rescued rock! Honestly, there is so much to say for doing nothing! I'm off to set up the sprinkler now…

No comments:

Post a Comment