Monday, April 15, 2013

Birthdays!

In our household April is birthday month.

Tomorrow it is my husband's birthday and I dare not disclose his age!

Every year is important, but this particular birthday isn't a "big" one. It occurs midweek, so dinner, cake and ice cream should complete our agenda. A special dinner has been requested, tortellini with meat sauce and a big salad. Sounds like a celebration to me!

One week later our son celebrates his eighth birthday! A VERY big deal to him and his little sisters. We have been discussing the details of his special day since Christmas ended. I'm not sure if it's the idea of a special party or turning one year older that excites him most. He has picked the venue, Shenanigan's it is. The invites are out and we are making plans for the party.

At what age do you stop having the kid parties? I think I was around nine or ten and birthdays were more about just one or two friends, maybe a sleepover, and dinner out. I know it's different in every family. It's so fun to get caught up in the enthusiasm of turning one year older, until you don't want to and dread the coming of your birthday! So we are getting caught up in the excitement and rocking out those birthdays, complete with two cakes, a pile of gifts and lots of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment