Friday, December 13, 2013

Brrrrr. Make sure you have a winter survival kit in your vehicle.

The deep cold has arrived, fast and furious. Are you prepared? I think, in addition to having a sock monster in my house, we also have a windshield scraper thief as well. I get stuck at least once a season
without the aid of my windshield scraper, brush.

I've also left the house entirely improperly dressed. Which means I'm freezing all day and miserable! I remind my kids constantly to wear their hats and mittens, now I need to be the example!

As we face the reality that is winter, do you have your vehicle properly outfitted, scraper included? On the BalanceYour7.com website they give a handy list of supplies we should all stash into our cars. It's like the Boy Scouts say "Be Prepared."

Are you prepared?
If you got stranded in your vehicle in the cold, snowy winter weather, would you be prepared?
Don't take any chances.

Place a winter survival kit in your vehicle that includes:

  • A blanket
  • First-aid kit
  • Road maps
  • Cell phone
  • Compass
  • Water-proof matches
  • Water
  • High-calorie, non-perishable foods
  • Paper towels
  • flashlight and batteries
  • Windshield scraper
  • Shovel
  • Booster cables
  • Tool kit
  • Tow rope
  • Tire chains
  • Can of compressed air for tire repair
  • Flares
  • Salt, sand or kitty litter to melt the snow or provide extra traction

I hope that we will never have to use the majority of these items, but when we live in a wonderful climate like ours, we must prepare for the unexpected! So safe, and happy travels to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment