Thursday, December 12, 2013

Searching for the spirit of the season...

I'm making a confession here. 

 I am so NOT in the holiday spirit. 

I have zero excuse as to why either, and it's starting to make me sad! I have every reason to be thankful, happy and excited for Christmas, but just cannot seem to get into it. 

My kids are at perfect ages, so excited about the lights, and the tree, decorations and of course Santa. There is snow on the ground and it helps totally set the scene. My house is decorated, stocking were hung with care, St. Nick has already visited. We've been to our first holiday party already, celebrating with friends and drinking good cheer, and yet, nothing. Maybe it's because I've left too much to do for the past few weeks. Maybe it's because I haven't wrapped a single gift, or addressed one single Christmas card. 

I'm hoping a magic Christmas "whammo" will strike and I'll find myself humming along to carols and anxious for December 24th. But in the event that does not occur, I'll still follow the holiday routine. I'm baking four dozen cookies for a cookie exchange. I'll probably wrap a few presents during the next few chilly days. My Christmas cards are stuffed and waiting, so they will find their way to friends and family. I'm going to dedicate my radio to the holiday station and practice Christmas songs on the guitar. I hope my kids' enthusiasm will rub off and I'll be as jolly as old St. Nick himself come tomorrow. At least, that's the gift I want most this year! 

How about you? Are you ready, festive and loving December? If so, please feel free to share what makes you so into the spirit of Christmas. I went and revisited the spirit dimension from the Balanceyour7.com website and here's what it said:

Spiritual wellness: Search for meaning and purpose, actions match your values and morals, find peace and harmony.
• Explore your individual spirituality
• Spend time alone
• Meditate
• Be tolerant of different beliefs
• Keep a clear sense of right and wrong
Maybe I'm missing the true meaning and purpose. I guess I'll have to keep searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment