Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Go 'Fore' It!

I finally made it out to do one of my favorite things, favorite healthy things that is.

I hit some golf balls on the driving range and putting green for about an hour. I was one of the only people there, standing in the glorious sunshine that has been missing in Wisconsin for the past nine months! I'm not sure what I enjoyed the most--the solitude, the sun on my face, or the feel of the ball as it sailed in the general direction that I wanted it to go! Unfortunately the last scenario didn't happen as often as I would have liked, but the sunshine and warm weather made up for it!

Golfing is such a great way to get outside and get a bit of exercise. My husband and I enjoy playing this sport together and we are finding that as our kids age a bit it's a fantastic family activity. You don't have to be a pro, clearly just watch me play, but you can easily find enjoyment! We prefer to walk when we have the time. It's a great opportunity to chat, enjoy the weather, and get a little exercise in the meantime. There are abundant places to play in the Coulee Region, and it's a game you can take on the road! My mom has even picked up a club after retiring, my grandma is an avid golfer and she's in her late eighties. Go grandma!

It's a life-long sport, and it's never too late to try. Take it from me, I'm one hack on the course, but I keep at it and sometimes it's possible to even surprise yourself with an awesome shot now and then. Go "Fore" it, you know you want to!


Check out the number of calories burned playing nine holes of golf!

Here is a listing of area golf courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment