Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Giving Thanks...

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I thought it appropriate to sit down and think about some things I am truly grateful for. It's not hard to do, we live a very blessed society even if we don't always take the time to acknowledge it. So without further ado, here's a partial list of what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.

I'm beyond thankful for a family to call my own. Not only are they cute, smart, and funny, they love me to the moon and back, and I do the same in return!

I'm grateful for not only my family, but one that is healthy. I've learned to never take health for granted, it can change in an instant.

I'm so thankful for a group of people I call friends. Some live nearby and others further than I would like, but they all have a special place in my heart and have helped me become the person I am today.

I give many thanks for my abilities, none of which are superhuman. But I have the ability to do many things, and to try new things that are challenging! I'm not great at any, but it hasn't stopped me yet from trying! This includes attempting a new turkey recipe this holiday.

I'm thankful for my dog. He's got the most gentle soul, he's a total bed hog, and I wouldn't have him any other way.

I'm so thankful for my loving husband, most days.

I love to read and try to devour new books any chance I can, for the worlds it's opened, for this I'm thankful.

For the house over our heads and the food we eat, such a simple thanks, but one never to take for granted.

For coffee, for red wine, for cheese and bread, coconut and chocolate, together or separate, and french fries.

For music, that that is old and evokes a good memory, or new that stirs something deep inside.

For music that just makes me dance.

For laughter, especially my kids'.

For a good dirty joke, and the ability to remember it!

I'm thankful for good movies, that take us away from reality for a couple of hours.

This list could go on and on. Remember this Thanksgiving to give thanks for all of the big and more importantly, the little things in life. When I reflected back on my thanks, I realize how unbelievably lucky I am.




1 comment:

  1. I love that your dog came before your husband on this list! :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete