Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm back!

Well, after a long, unanticipated hiatus, I am back with the weekly blog! 

I know, your shouts of joy and cries of excitement are ringing in the streets! When I last left, our daughter had lost a battle with the monkey bars and crushed her elbow as a result. She required surgery and a stay in the hospital. While she made a rapid recovery, healing and ditching her cast in less than a month, she developed a bone protrusion that blocked her flexing motion. Because of this, she earned herself twice weekly trips to physical therapy, where we met with wonderful therapists. The ultimate conclusion is that she will require a second surgery over the Christmas holiday. I promise that I am not making excuses as to why this blog hasn't been updated, but that is part of the reason! Those darn kids are time consuming, exhausting, and completely worth it!

After taking a break and being gone from the blogging world, I found I really missed it. I'm hoping those readers out there missed checking in once in awhile. I'm also hoping to spur more of a dialogue with future blogs. If you have an opinion, question or would like to see a topic discussed please don't be shy! While the focus will remain health care and Balancing Your 7, most topics can be fair game. So while you may have thought you were finally rid of me, and had one less thing to read, you are out of luck! But I'm hoping to be better than ever and look forward to hearing from you!

Look for future topics on healthy holiday eating and recipe ideas.

1 comment: