Sunday, January 6, 2013

The winter blues

Well the winter season is in full swing.

My kids have embraced it, me, not as much. I need to be a bit more excited about the white stuff and the plummeting temperatures. I don't feel like I get the winter "blues" but let's just say it isn't my favorite season.

I've gone sledding with the kids a few times, and yes, we had a great time. We have made it to the ski hill once, and I've looked at my snowshoes, but I'm not sure that quite counts! I've made several kinds of soups and even baked cookies. But I think it's the hassles of dressing, and weather preparations. It's the constant cleaning of a wet kitchen floor from puppy feet, all four of them!

I do love it when we are all snuggled inside with a fire going and it's cold outside. So cozy! I love the clothes of winter, an old pair of jeans and a nice sweater. I've even taken to wearing long underwear on occasion! Don't tell anyone.

My dog loves winter, he sits on the snow and looks as happy as a dog can. I guess being a native of the area, I knew what living here was like all year round, so I only have myself to blame. I do love the four seasons, and not so sure I'd want to give that up. But if I had my choice, winter would last a month or two and then jump straight to spring. I would not complain, unless the mosquitoes came too. I guess that's another thing to be thankful for this time of year.

For more information on battling winter blues check out balanceyour7.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment