Friday, January 4, 2013

A new year and a clean beginning

A new year is upon us.

With it comes new possibilities, new goals, a blank slate. What will you do this year? Will you try to set a resolution or two and work to complete it? Or do you turn the calendar and it's just another day?

I've never really been a resolution maker, nothing concrete anyway. I do like the feeling of a new year, and a clean beginning. There are things that I wanted to try or accomplish that maybe I never completed in the past. French lessons? Well counting to ten is all I've managed so far, I think I have quite a way to go!

I am trying to focus on being a more patient parent. Especially following in the wake of the Connecticut tragedy, I am focusing on my children and how I interact with them. I'm trying not to take things for granted as much as I know I did before. This is much easier said than done, and some days are far more difficult than others. I returned to the gym and it was packed with all the new resolution members. But I give them credit and hope they stick with it! Whatever your new year brings, I'm trying to look to the future with a positive, I-can-do attitude.

Only time will tell what tomorrow will bring, but then again, it is only January!

No comments:

Post a Comment