Saturday, March 16, 2013

People watching...

I have a guilty pleasure I'd like to publicly confess here. I LOVE people watching! 

I mean who doesn't like to observe our fellow citizens at their unsuspecting best or worst? There are so many great venues to do this. We just returned from a trip, and the airport is a prime people watching spot. Who hasn't just sat and simply observed those around you?? My husband and I used to make up stories, where were they heading, what were their lives like? The more absurd the better! Childish maybe, but definitely fun and a good way to pass the time.

I just glanced up from writing this in a coffee shop, that shall remain nameless, and saw a man in a neon check kilt, wearing headphones and a shockingly bright neon shirt. Complete with tall checked socks and sandals. If it were permissible I would have taken his picture to post here. He was a bit too old to be rushing for a fraternity, so what was his story? It was a great outfit, and I liked his individual style! I've seen a grown man rollerblading in a leather bikini brief, very brief I might add, shirtless, with a giant blue mohawk, cruising down the middle of road like he'd just won the lottery. Who knows, maybe he had!

It's fun to see how we, the public behave when we think we are not being observed. You know we have all seen the nose pickers in the car who think no one is watching! I hope I didn't just offend any of you! However you choose to dress or behave, be careful, this people watcher just might be watching you! And for heavens sake, please use a Kleenex!

How to begin people watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment