Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Enjoying a mini break from reality...

Well, as we find ourselves in the twilight of summer, I'm trying to find a healthy balance between enjoying the weather and keeping active, and creating down time to enjoy everything!

My kids are starting the "drive each other nuts" phase, when we all realize we have filled our quota of together time! When they love each other and get along, life is so smooth, but when they fight and bicker, watch out! Yikes! 

 So this mom decided to take a bit of me time today. We have just arrived home from spending a week up north, enjoying a Wisconsin lake and the wonderful north woods. Our 24/7 time together was fantastic and always makes me appreciate my little family and all of our blessings. 

But upon returning home to the mound of laundry and whining kids, a few hours alone is always a mini vacation in itself! So what was a girl to do? Well after looking at my poor toes, that became an easy answer! I sped my way to the nearest nail salon and happily sat in a massage chair and let the girl work her magic! Not only do my toes look presentable, and perky too, my whole demeanor is refreshed. I managed to relax, not having to hear yelling or break up any fighting. I thumbed through a magazine and found out what is hot for summer (a bit late for me) and what to wear for fall! 

Ahhh, if you are in need of a mini, mid-day break from reality, splurge on a pedicure and you, and your toes, will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment