Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tea time!

I know I have blogged about my love for coffee, and nothing is going to take that away. 

 However, we have just become a teapot family. 

 Silly, I know, but it's a purchase we have long been wanting to make. Yes, wow, we live on the edge! We were exploring a cute area in Madison the other weekend and found a wall of teapots. We grabbed a sassy red one and decided we needed one in our lives. So we got home, took it out of the box, and realized it wasn't sassy or red, it was blue! Blue is my favorite color, looks like we are going with blue! 

Lately we have found ourselves enjoying a nice cup of hot tea before bed, great way to relax and unwind at the end of the day. Sometimes I find myself chilled from being outside in the snow and need something warm but coffee won't do. Tea has so many varieties and flavors, there is always one that will satisfy my taste. Now that I have a fancy new teapot, it whistles to let me know my water is ready. It was very cute when we first tested out the kettle, the kids were so excited to hear it whistle! We realized that they had probably never seen or heard a tea kettle before! I've enjoyed some lemon chiffon tea, and a nice cup of chamomile so far. The blue is growing on me, because so far I find it's whistle very comforting and it's made some wonderful cups of tea! 

 Now coffee is still my go to, but sometimes one thing can't satisfy all my beverage needs. The other great upside are all the health benefits tea has to offer. Tea has cancer fighting agents, can help fight heart disease, and can stimulate mental alertness. Several of the websites I read said there is no downside to tea! So the next time I get chilled from the winter cold, I'm going to do a little whistling in my kitchen, makes me like my little blue kettle even more.

Reasons to love tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment