Friday, February 1, 2013

Use your drishti, keep your focus

Drishti (yoga), a key part of yoga practice and a means for developing concentrated intention, and sense withdrawal.

Use your drishti, keep your focus. I heard this the other morning in my yoga class as I sweated my way through. Drishti is a key part of yoga and a means for developing concentrated intention, or focus. A great thing not only while practicing yoga, but in our everyday life too.

I realized my drishti has wandered these past few weeks. I've been focused on random things, kids, groceries, cleaning my house. But I've let things falter, like the upkeep of this blog. I feel like sometimes I have so much I'd like to say and share, and other times my idea well runs dry. I need to capitalize on my free time and write when inspiration hits. In other words, I need to use more of my drishti.

It is an amazing thing when holding a difficult pose while doing yoga. If you focus on a spot on the wall or floor, you are more apt to stay in the position you want for a longer stretch of time. I tried this over the weekend with surprising results. So, while sitting down to write, I too am using my focus, my drishti. Now I think I need to apply this to more everyday tasks and see that they are held and completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment