Thursday, July 26, 2012

That cheeseburger was screaming my name!

Ok, I'm confessing, I cheated today.

Nothing morally unforgivable or anything I cannot completely justify, but I still cheated. Two months ago I gave up eating red meat. I didn't do it for any other reason than to try. Plus the fact that it doesn't really sit well with me either. But today I caved. I realized it was two o'clock and I had not eaten lunch or much of a breakfast either. Add to that an hour at the gym and I was ravenous!! So, the leftover cheeseburger from last night's dinner was calling my name, rather, screaming it!

The grilled chicken sitting right next to it sat mute, darn chicken. So I heated up the burger and devoured it in less time that it took to write this post.

And I enjoyed every...single...last...bite.

But, I am now back to a no-red-meat policy. Until the next time I am positively starving and being yelled at by my leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment