Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thoughts on warm-weather meals?

It's hard to drum up an appetite with such oppressive heat day after day. Trying to please everyone in my household is challenge enough.

Any thoughts on good warm-weather meals to please even the fussiest eater?

Tonight we will be having fresh corn on the cob and BLT sandwiches. Some will opt for only a B some will be BL, some might just do plain toast! I need to make a visit to the farmer's market and look for inspiration this weekend. My husband makes fun of me for buying so much fresh produce, but it's available for such a short time and it just doesn't get any better than local, fresh ingredients!

Let me know what inspires you on these hot summer days.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite summer meal is corn on the cob and BLT's! But when it's this hot out, we try to grill out as much as possible, to keep the heat out of the kitchen. We make anything and everything on the grill, pizza, chicken, burgers but my favorite is kabobs. Veggie kabobs, shrimp kabobs, it's a meal on a stick!

    ReplyDelete