Friday, July 20, 2012

Water


I feel like that has been a dominant topic in my life this summer.

We have spent countless hours already swimming at the pool, whether it's simply to try to cool off from the raging heat or taking swimming lessons with friends. We are about to leave for a weekend family reunion to Wisconsin Dells. My kids, thankfully, love to swim. We will spend hours going from one activity to the next, all while soaking wet! Then it's yet another family, this time to the lake. We will again spend hours getting wet, skiing, playing in the sand, then drying off, only to be right back at it hours later!

While we count ourselves fortunate enough to be able to escape the heat and head to various types of water, it's certainly a very popular topic this summer.

With record heat and droughts occurring, it makes you appreciate just how precious water is. Is this the face of the new summer? Will we have a winter like last year, barely any snow only to head into a summer with little rain and scorching temperatures? It scares me what this will mean for my kids when they are adults. I guess we won't know for sure, but as I pack for yet another pool day tomorrow, I will be talking to my kids about soaking it up and enjoying every second while we can.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great you do that for your kids! Especially reminding them to enjoy it while they can. I grew up in WI and now live where there is hardly any water or swimming holes and that is the one thing that I really miss in the Summer. I took full advantage of swimming while growing up in WI and I always take full advantage of the swimming holes when I get back there in the Summers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete