Monday, July 2, 2012

Temper Tantrums

Shout out to you parents or guardians out there. How many of us have experienced a temper tantrum?

No, not our own adult version but those of the younger, shorter species. I have a 7-year-old who may be regressing during these warm days. I'm not sure if it's the heat melting away his ability to reason or he's simply seeking attention. I'm opting for the latter but come on, seven?

He does have to share attention with two younger siblings and this is coming from a first born who loves the world when it all goes his way. I am trying patiently (most of the time) to teach him compromise and sharing. Today has been less than successful ! He's a wonderful, bright, cute kid with a ton of gifts. I love him with all of my heart, but from about 10-1 I haven't really "liked" him that much! This might be a terrible thing to hear a mother say about her own child, but I'm just being honest! Thank goodness for understanding grandmothers, and the impending date night without children! I will be fine, and so will my son. It's just another parenting moment I felt like sharing! I think I hear a glass of red wine calling my name…

No comments:

Post a Comment