Friday, December 21, 2012

Ode to Coffee

Coffee.

By definition it means 1. A hot drink made from the roasted and ground beanlike seeds of a tropical shrub. 2. A cup of this drink.

To me, it is so much more. It's my morning fuel, to which without I tend to function far below optimal level! It's described by others as the nectar of the gods, liquid gold. Indulgence? Necessity? Maybe even a necessary evil?

The ways to drink it are virtually endless. At one point in my life I heard myself order a tall, half cafe, skim, cold latte with a shot of coconut, not too much ice. Seriously? At which point I did apologize to the barista and slipped her a tip--silly, high-maintenance customer!

But truly, nothing beats a good strong cup of joe to send energy coursing through my veins to help conquer the day. Sometimes it's multiple cups of joe and once in awhile it's the long, fussy order, placed at a coffee shop that puts a smile on my face and a zing in my step! I'll say I drink it for the health benefits, of which there are many. But really I drink it because I love the smell, the taste, and how I feel after drinking it. So raise your mug and cheers to all my fellow coffee lovers out there!


Check out these links:
Seven surprising health benefits of coffee
Coffee health benefits

No comments:

Post a Comment