Saturday, December 8, 2012

'Tis the season: Burning Off the Splurge!

There is a great, and might I add, very timely, article on the Balance Your 7 website. It's titled Burning Off the Splurge.

I needed to read this after spending Thanksgiving weekend at my parents' house.

I'm just wondering when they discuss splurging once in awhile, if I can condense mine into a few days worth? Did I need that extra slice of pumpkin pie, at 10 a.m.? No, but someone had to eat it, Grandma worked so hard to make it!

When they discuss coupling your indulgences with exercise, does walking the dog a few miles count, or chasing the kids? I had great intentions of running in the annual Turkey Trot, but we didn't get to town in time. The next day, it was too icy to run outside, so I tried walking off a few calories while Christmas shopping at the mall! I know it's not the same as vigorous exercise, but it's nice to read an article like this and know it's ok to indulge periodically and remember that all things are ok if done in moderation. It isn't often that I have pumpkin pie for breakfast, in fact it's about once a year. I think that qualifies as moderation!

And as far as catching up on my exercise after a weekend of indulging, there's always Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment