Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Silver Screen

Who doesn't need a break from everyday life?

One of my husband's absolute favorite things in life is going to the movies.

Talk about disconnecting and "letting" go. We can be transported to anywhere the screen wants to take us. Over the past few weeks I've been lucky enough to get to three movies! This maybe a personal record for me!

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get to see the new Bond film and Lincoln. I think there are two people, fictional and real, that my husband would/could claim as idols. He would choose Bond's snazzy wardrobe and Lincoln's wisdom! We were whisked away for a few hours, and afterward we had the pleasure of several lengthy discussions, especially concerning the Lincoln film.

It's not often anymore, that we are able to truly shutdown and tune out the happenings in our day-to-day world. Why not channel the excitement of a British spy or try to empathize with a world leader during a major turning point in our nation's history? Even better, try to do this while and enjoying a big tub of popcorn or box of Junior Mints! The next time you find yourself at the movies, enjoy the journey! It's only too soon we are back to reality, and our everyday wardrobe too!

No comments:

Post a Comment