Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Truman is a ton of love

Ninety five pounds. A little or a lot? In my case, it's a ton! A ton of love that is, as mine comes bundled in the form of a beautiful white labradoodle.

I know I've made a few references to my pooch before, but he's just such a great guy I thought I'd write a bit more. When my kids are having a bad day, or don't even want to get out of bed to start their day, they will gladly take an early morning lick in the face or a hug to cheer them up and wake them up!

He's there and excited to see us if we leave him for five minutes or five hours. Unconditional, devoted canine love! We had a dog prior to this guy, who we lost when he was eight to cancer. We all took his loss very hard, but my daughter was devastated. We debated just when the right time would be to get another dog, and what type would suit our family the best.

I did a lot of research, and stumbled upon a local breeder of labradoodles. We visited with her before she even had any puppies, and really liked her small litters and beautiful dogs she offered. Then the wait was on until the day that our guy was born. We had the privilege of going to pick our puppy, and wow was that a fantastic experience! I think in the end, our baby, Truman, picked us. He gets as much love as he gives, and I love every last wag of his tail and shake of his paw. I think he's the best four legged buddy a girl could ask for! Dog, woman's or man's best friend? Do we really have to pick sides?

Check out this link: She Knows Pets

1 comment: