Saturday, October 13, 2012

A minivan mom...

So I came to a harsh reality a little over two years ago.

I was pregnant with our third child and realized that the vehicle I was driving would be less than practical for a family of five and their dog.

Now if you were to ask any one of my friends, I was the last person who would ever be caught driving a minivan. I had said "never" and we all know one should never say "never."

We test drove every available SUV, car, or something with wheels.

It was shortly there after that I found myself behind the wheel of a less-than-attractive, yet totally practical minivan. I had officially entered the minivan stage of life.

Now several people swear they love their van and wouldn't dare dream of driving any other vehicle. I am not in that camp. But I will say it is challenging enough to juggle three active kids, so sign me up for anything that can help make this even remotely easier. It's not perfect, but it will do for now, and I like to tell myself that you can still be a thirty-something, mother of three, and look good driving a van!

No comments:

Post a Comment