Friday, October 12, 2012

There and back again...

My husband and I recently had a weekend away to Chicago, sans kids.
Traveling is one of my favorite things in life to do. I love exploring new places, seeing new sites, smells, sounds and tastes. We managed to eat several fantastic meals, have adult conversation, and get to enjoy being together as adults without our kids for a few hours.

I got to explore during the day, as my husband had some meetings to attend. Being in the city alone can be a great thing. I was on my own time schedule, answering only to my growling stomach. Eating whatever appealed to me, shopping in whatever store caught my eye, exploring as I wanted.

My batteries were thoroughly recharged after only two days. But being in a large city, surrounded by people, it's amazing how alone you can feel. By day three I missed my kids, my dog, my bed. It was time for us to get back to reality and our crazy life.

I love to travel and I have an endless list of places I want to explore, but our next adventure will include the kids. And for those of you who have traveled with children, you know you don't have to go far for that to become an adventure unto itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment