Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween is fast approaching

I have recently begun to realize that there are two schools of thought about this holiday. You either love this time of year and go all out decorating, pick the perfect costume, buy your candy early, etcetera.

If you are not this person, then you are that someone who refuses to get into a costume and for you the only thing good about Halloween is the candy! Well, I happen to be in one camp and my husband entrenched in another.

So with an upcoming party to go to there is always the big costume debate. Now this may sound trivial in the grand scheme of day-to-day life, but it's a decision that requires a great deal of planning and thought. If my husband agrees to be dressed up at all, he wants it to be a costume that is easy and comfortable and does not require any sort of explanation. But even this is done with a great deal of reluctance. Luckily, he loves me enough to go to the party at all!

So here I sit, mid October, trying to come up with the best costumes to suit both our wishes. Last year, at this same party, people tended to go all out. We saw an entire KISS band, several realistic looking superheroes, and quite a few were quite spectacular! We kept it simple and went as the Soul Surfer and the shark who bit her arm off. It was easy, cheap, and comfortable for both of us to wear. I have been racking my brains and the website and I believe I finally stumbled upon a great idea, and one my husband actually agreed to! But this idea requires one prop that I may have a difficult time finding. So, I have begun scouring Ebay and local retailers in the hopes that this will work! Stay tuned to find out what this idea is! In the meantime, try not to be a Halloween scrooge, but enjoy the one holiday where you get to be just about anything you want, even if it's only for a brief period of time and do all of this while eating candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment