Friday, October 5, 2012

Political overload!

I have officially hit political overload!
I was tired of all the commercials by August, but now we are truly in the thick of things. The debate was predictable, but I did watch a fair amount.

I have friends who eat, sleep and breathe politics. I wish it interested me more but I always feel like they say whatever we want to hear, twist things to sound favorable to their beliefs, and do whatever they want to anyway!

Several of our friends are from foreign countries. They raptly follow all of the state and federal hoopla, and would absolutely love to have the ability to vote. It has been wonderful to get an outside perspective on some of the pertinent topics.

Overall, I continue to tune out the commercials and try to glean my knowledge of the various candidates from many different sources. I happen to celebrate a birthday at the beginning of November, and this year I will be just as excited to celebrate turning one year older as having the elections over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment