Thursday, October 4, 2012

Grandparents

I hope everyone who reads this has had the experience of a wonderful set or two of grandparents. Maybe it was a special Nana or Papa or Oma or Opa. Perhaps it was just plain 'ol Gram and Gramps.

I have had the privilege to see my children grow up with my parents as one of the best examples of what a perfect set of grandparents should look like. On a scale of one to ten on the spoil meter, my parents are way off the charts. Hugs and kisses, laughter and smiles are never ending when Grandpa and Grandma are around. We live about an hour's drive away from their home. Each and every trip to their house is like a vacation for my children. They never tire of the drive or what awaits them at the other end.

They have helped to enrich and round out my children's lives by introducing them to things like fishing, baking, campfires in the backyard. What fun it is for me to watch the sparkle in both my parent's and my children's eyes when they are together with one another. Our 2-year-old is especially close to my mom. She can do no wrong in her grandma's eye!

I am so grateful for all they do for our family and our kids. My mother is here to help out so that my husband and I can get away for the weekend without the kids. I love that she wants to help and is able to do so, and our kids are in such great, experienced hands. So if you have grandparents or the privilege to watch your parents be the grandparents, be grateful. They are truly special people.

1 comment:

  1. This brought a tear to my eye. Very well said!

    ReplyDelete