Saturday, September 29, 2012

Balancing my mind...

One of the seven areas of the Balance Your Seven is mind.

Stimulating your mind by challenging yourself to try something new, stay up to date on current events, take a class or listen to new music.

I find this very challenging to fit in during the week. I was the kind of person who loved school, I enjoyed learning and being with friends. I do read and I enjoy music, even if it sometimes involves animated voices! I would enjoy trying to fit in a new class, but how does one try to squeeze this in between two different soccer practices, dance, piano lessons? Just sitting down and finding the time to blog with kids and schedules becomes a major challenge.

However, I have truly enjoyed blogging, engaging the "adult" part of my brain. I think about various things to write about, and do a bit of research before sitting down, or in this case, standing, to type it. I have followed up on my desire to learn French by purchasing a set of cds to listen to in the car. Even our kids have joined in!

Overall I know that my children and their schedules do dominate our day to day, but I keep hoping to find a way to keep squeezing in ways to keep my mind healthy and add to my overall sense of balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment