Friday, September 28, 2012

Kids in charge!

Amid the whining and protesting I have been hearing lately from my kids, "I don't need a bath...I'm NOT doing my homework...she started it...he started it...I hate vegetables," I had a thought. What if kids were in charge?

There would be whipped cream and Fruity Pebbles every morning for breakfast. Heck, there would be no breakfast.

Bedtime wouldn't be a word in anyone's vocabulary, neither would bath time or time outs, or any measure of time.

Pajamas would be the dress of the day and the same ones would probably be worn multiple days in a row. Hairbrushes would never be applied to one's head, nor would a toothbrush to anyone's teeth. The world would be fun and fun would be for everyone. Kickball and baseball would be played in the street again, and forts would dominate in every living room. Sure we might not be as hygienic as before, or very well rested but wouldn't that be a great tradeoff to be able to play tag until AFTER dark? There would be no winners or losers, everyone would get to play.

I guess I'm not quite ready to hand the reins over to my children, but some days, when the whining has reached its peak, I sure am tempted!

If I were in charge of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment