Wednesday, September 12, 2012

From Trash to Treasure

That's my motto for the next few days as myself and a few friends prepare for a garage sale.

I vowed never to have another sale, as I found the amount of work almost not worth it.

First comes organizing what you want to sell vs donate and keep. Next comes the dreaded task of marking and organizing everything to be displayed for sale. And then it's trying to transform your garage into a temporary Bloomingdales for a few days.

Right.

Now do that with three other women and all of their stuff! Luckily I am not hosting this time, that task fell to a much more daring, organized friend! After all of the hard work, and hopefully some spending money earned in the end, it is such a satisfying feeling to purge ourselves of the unwanted and unused items we have in our home. Way too many of these items, I might add.

I found it a bit shameful the sheer amount of stuff we have managed to accumulate. This is something I need to remind myself of the next time I stroll through Target or shop the internet! So if you find yourself in need of some wonderful treasures, tell all of your friends and bring your cash to our incredible Bloomingdales, coming temporarily to a neighborhood near you!


Click here for information on how to hold a profitable garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment