Friday, September 21, 2012

Our spiritual journey leads to a church home

I know I have blogged about our family and it's spiritual quest to find a church that fit. Well we have joined a local church and have enrolled the kids into its Sunday school program.

So far, so good.

While I have stayed home with our youngest, our two older kids really loved going to school with some of their fellow school mates. Our 5-year-old's biggest complaint was that it wasn't long enough! I think we can take this as a good sign.

But more than the social pluses we are seeing, we have joined a very welcoming community, which, in turn, has helped our spirituality grow. I'll be the first to admit that I won't be attending every Sunday, but I don't feel like I need that. Yet for others this is an essential part of their every day or every week.

However you find yourself spiritually, it took our family quite some time to find a place that suited our needs and gave us a sense of comfort. It was worth it, and I hope we continue to grow together and keep learning from this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment