Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's time for soup!

Today's weather--cold gray and rainy is screaming out for soup!

So I have transformed my kitchen into soup-making central.

It smells wonderful and makes me cozy just thinking about a warm bowl of soup for dinner. On today's menu is a curry butternut squash, using a few local squash as the base. I think next I will make a huge pot of chili, Alabama Chili to be specific, and freeze a big batch for future Packer games! The list is endless and its such a fun way to use fresh ingredients and experiment a bit.

Years ago my husband and I were given a cookbook called "Chili Nation." We have tried about a quarter of the recipes and are working our way through the book. What a fun way to try a new recipe, especially when the weather turns chilly. Another way I cheat a bit in the kitchen is to utilize my crockpot. I love leaving for the day and coming home to a warm meal already prepared!

Whatever your tastes may be, stew, soup, chili--enjoy!


Fall Soups
Seriously Soupy

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Perfect soup weather. I made broccoli cheese soup for this week for lunches at work. Hits the spot. I'm also signed up for a chili cook off. Fall is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog by the way!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete