Monday, September 24, 2012

Reading, book club, and friends...

There are a few things I do in life to try to keep myself sane.

One has always been reading. Last fall I started a book club with a lovely group of ladies. We have been trying to meet every four to six weeks to discuss whatever book we had chosen the meeting before.

This is a group of ladies who did not know one another. We have varied backgrounds but are all at similar stages in life. We get along swimmingly to say the least. I am so excited to meet this week! We had to take a bit of a hiatus do to all of our summer schedules.

A book club is a wonderful way to explore books you wouldn't otherwise pick up and read, let alone discuss. We have had some fantastic discussions, and with each get together I always walk away with a smile and a new tidbit of knowledge I didn't have prior.

It doesn't take a formal book club or get together to expand your literature horizons. There are many online possibilities and book lists if you find yourself at a loss. I know several friends who are even in a couples book club. For now I think I'll stick to just my girl friends, although I have caught my husband interested in more than one of our selections. I have to say, I highly recommend it and it has proven to be one of my favorite girls night out!!

Happy reading everyone.

bookmovement.com

No comments:

Post a Comment