Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Oktoberfest!

This week marks the start of a huge local tradition known as Octoberfest.

Having only lived in the area for the past two years we are not "festers" like so many others who live in town. I love the history and festiveness it brings to the area. It is fun that there are so many options to choose from.

For the first time this year we will be bringing our kids to the Maple Leaf Parade. I love parades, seeing everyone in costume, hearing and seeing the marching bands so close they give you goosebumps!

Then, of course, let's not forget the candy! Who doesn't get caught up in the excitement of dashing into the street to grab that runaway Tootsie Roll? It's been awhile since I have been to a parade, but my kids had better watch out! I'm going to give them a run for their money! Maybe this isn't your thing and you want to attend the tapping of the Golden Keg, or participate in a run. It's a great time to be from such a wonderful community. With the fall season in full swing, I hope you are able to get out and enjoy all there is to offer just around the corner.

Happy Oktoberfest. Click here to learn more!


No comments:

Post a Comment