Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gratitude for girlfriends

I have many things that I am grateful for, one of which are my dear girlfriends.

There is nothing more special than a long conversation with a special friend. Girlfriends tend to understand us in a way unlike any other, except maybe a sister. They tend to hold that ability to be brutally honest when you need it most. They can listen with an understanding ear, and give that cherished advice that you were looking for.

I am lucky enough to have several ladies I can count on in any situation. We commiserate about our kids, our lives. Last week was a challenging one in our house. I called a friend on more than one occasion and she listened and gave that golden advice that I was seeking. It's better than any bandaid and I am so grateful for her.

Today if you are so fortunate to have a girlfriend who holds a special place in your heart, thank her for all she does and all that she means to you. They are a special gift that I will always cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment