Monday, November 26, 2012

Building headaches!

Well, I have blogged before that my husband and I are undertaking the monumental task of trying to build a house.

Many would not attempt such nonsense, most people we talked to advised against it!

Headache after headache--we were warned. But we persisted.

Well, this week we received a huge dose of reality. Our dreams and our budget are not aligning, in fact, they are so far out of alignment we may need to start over!

Yes, I have a headache! Talk about feeling unbalanced. I revisited the website of Balance Your 7, and when our home bids came back this week, felt out of synch with just about all of them!

Time for a reality check, and then some! At this point we are taking baby steps forward, reaching out to those who have successfully navigated this road before us. I've received a ton of support from friends who tell me not to fret, someday we will have a beautiful home to show for all of our work. I sure hope they are right.

As for now, it's time to rethink all of our priorities, and it's a good time for my husband and I to really discuss what's most important for us and our kids. We are trying to live in the now but also plan for the future as well, something much easier said than done. I feel we are working with a group of remarkably professional people who will help us navigate this crazy path we are on!

I will say that one fun surprise in this process is discovering all of the exceptionally talented people that live and work within the Coulee Region. We have found dedicated professionals from every stage in the process. For now, all hope isn't lost. It's just going to take us a bit longer to see the final results.

No comments:

Post a Comment