Saturday, November 10, 2012

Comfort Food

Food can be the ultimate in comfort.

A warm bowl of soup, a slice of grandma's famous pie at Thanksgiving, pancakes like only your dad knows how to make.

A friend of mine recently had jaw surgery. She can eat only liquids for the next six weeks. Talk about the need for some comfort! So I decided to whip up two of my very favorite fall soups. Being the good friend that I am, I even made extra for us! The first is a very simple carrot ginger soup. It's the perfect balance of sweet with just a hint of spice. The color is beautiful with finishes of orange swirls.

The second, and a family favorite, is our curry butternut squash soup. This involves a few more steps to complete but the results are well worth every spoonful. The curry is just the perfect spice to compliment the hearty squash flavor. More or less can be added to your liking. According to my poor girlfriend, it was awesome! And I think for a few spoonfuls she was able to find some comfort in a bowlful of soup.


Recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment