Thursday, November 22, 2012

You can go home again...

We recently went back and visited the town in eastern Wisconsin where we lived for the first five years of our marriage. We had our first two kids there and forged lifelong friendships with people who knew us BK, (before kids)!

It had been two years since our last visit, which is far too long in my book. We stayed with our friends who have four kids of their own, bringing the household total for the weekend to eleven people, seven of whom were under the age of thirteen.

Our kids meshed perfectly and played nonstop the entire weekend. We were fortunate enough to gather ten friends for an adults-only dinner out and met up with several more couples after dinner. Needless to say, this was such a priceless visit.

Our kids saw the house where we lived and the people who loved them from day one. It made my friendship jar overflow.

I loved seeing my husband joke with his buddies and my kids rekindle friendships that they didn't even know existed. There is a saying that you can't ever go home again. But I am proof that that simply isn't true. We are just lucky enough to say that we have two places that feel like home, one of which is where we live and the other where we are welcomed with open arms anytime we want! If you ever find yourself in need of a pick-me-up, might I suggest contacting an old friend or visiting people who know and love you best. It's a great way to feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment