Saturday, November 24, 2012

How do you approach the idea of getting older?

Do you embrace it with open arms or do you run away in fear and denial?

Birthdays, as we age, are definitely different from those of our youth. When we were younger we shouted from the rooftops and wanted everyone to know when the big day was and just how old you were going to be.

At what age did that change?

I tell everyone that I'm 29, again. I'm not ashamed of my age, I think a lot of how old we are is a state of mind. We've all seen some young-at-heart grandma's and others who are old before their time.

I recently celebrated my 29th birthday, or so I said. My big day happened to fall on a Monday. I did manage to have a babysitter for a few hours so I carved out a little "me" time. I treated myself to an hour at the gym followed by a massage! Then I took the kids and we picked up my birthday cake.

We went out for Chinese (my choice). Dinner was followed up with cheesecake at home, where my kids presented me with their homemade cards and a sweet coupon book, redeemable for hugs, playdates and kisses! Overall, my Monday birthday was great! I embraced the year that passed and am already looking forward to the year ahead. Sometimes turning 29 a few times has it's advantages!

No comments:

Post a Comment