Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving.

An often overlooked holiday, but happens to be one of my favorites!

Sure, it lacks the excitement of Christmas or the drama of Halloween, but that's precisely why I like it! It's a time to get together with family or close friends and just celebrate with a great meal.

We always have the traditional turkey with all it's fixings. After a slice of my grandma's homemade pumpkin pie and a glass or two of wine, conversation and relaxation is enjoyed at it's utmost. Sure, there is always the logistics and clean up to plan for, but the pleasure is in the togetherness.

I'm excited to journey back to my parent's house this year where my grandparents, aunt and uncle and cousins will all be together. This will be the first year that my husband will try deer hunting with my father! Who knows, maybe this will be part of our new tradition! My mother will be fixing the main courses, and she has put me in charge of bringing dinner rolls and a green salad. I think in the grand scheme of Thanksgiving preparation I'm getting off as lightly as possible. I guess that means I'll be on dish duty!

However you plan on celebrating the holiday this year, I hope it's one of your best ever. I know when I look around at my little family, I have everything in the world to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment