Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Any frantic last minute school shoppers out there?

Anyone's kids feet grown 3 sizes from spring? I was amazed when measuring my 7-year-old's feet, wow!

So we are off to buy pants that fit, and getting him to try them on is a bit like wrestling an ornery pig. Not that I have ever wrestled any pigs, but I bet all my practice with my kids helps!!

Next we are onto the school supplies. This year I found myself buying for two of my three kids. Up go the number of things needed, up goes the cost. With a cut in many school budgets, parents are having to foot the bill for many extras that the schools cannot afford. My kids are too young for some of the technical equipment but that will only add to the cost as they age.

I've tried talking to my kids about need vs. want. I like to take a favorite pair of pants and turn them into a cool pair of shorts. Backpacks have a long life in our house. While I do make a date to take each child out for a special day to pick a new outfit, we stay within a certain price range and have a great time on our date!

However you decide to tackle the back to school lists, hang in there! You have my sympathies!

Learn more about sending your kids back to school...

No comments:

Post a Comment