Monday, August 6, 2012

Mommy says 'Ouch!'

I have tried to find evidence to see how many injuries parents suffer at the hands of their young children. I haven't been able to locate anything, but I might just be able to write my own paper.

While out playing with the dog, my son took the Chuck It, a tennis ball throwing apparatus, and threw it directly into my forehead. This all occurred from less than a foot away.

"Ouch!" and maybe a bit more than that came out of my mouth!!

Then, while rocking our youngest to sleep, she starting singing and gesturing with her hands. I caught one of her swinging little fists directly to the nose.

I don't tend to see myself as very accident prone, but I may have to change my line of thinking. I've helped my kids tie their shoes and have taken a head to my unsuspecting nose. I have had toes stepped on and hair pulled. All of it hurts. And this all comes from people under 50 pounds. I'm a bit leery to see the damage they may cause as they grow! The dog didn't care that his tennis ball came rebounding off my head. He's happy to retrieve anything!

I'm glad to say I used my head for something useful today!

1 comment:

  1. i have always wondered how many noses have been broken by the backs of babies heads.

    ReplyDelete