Friday, August 24, 2012

Planning for the unthinkable...

I have a very dear friend who lost her husband in a tragic accident a year ago last August.

As the anniversary of his death approaches, I have reflected on what a strong, inspirational woman she has been this past year.

She has begun to lecture individuals about the importance of life insurance and planning in case a tragedy ever occurs. This must take immense courage. Each time she gives a talk she relives her own experience. To be able to share this so that others won't suffer as she did, is truly amazing.

She is now a single mother to two beautiful girls, and she is definitely leading them into a bright future. I have learned a great deal from her example. Because of her, my husband and I have had several discussions on what to do if we ever encountered such a life-changing event. We have reviewed the plans we have in place and are confident knowing that our children will be cared for. As awful as it is to think about, it's a very necessary part of parenting and responsibility.

I hope my friend knows how wonderful she is, and I hope she finds peace in her bright days ahead.

Here is some information on estate planning for parents of young children...

No comments:

Post a Comment