Friday, August 3, 2012

Magical massage

I know I am getting old.

I don't fear it or dread it, but I can feel the effects of it on my "slightly-older-than-21" body.

We returned from our long weekend and my nagging back injury returned. I cannot even say it was from something exciting, but rather, from floating around a lazy river and sleeping in a new bed.

How humbling! To fight off the effects of my aching back I sought comfort with a massage therapist. I shall now refer to her as "magic hands." I have honestly never felt such a release. She worked for the entire hour on my shoulders and back. I could literally feel the lactic acid and for lack of a better term, icky stuff, leave my body. While I did not spend the hour in a relaxed state, it was very therapeutic. I felt like a limp noodle when I left. Magic hands has truly worked her magic!

For anyone who has never experienced a massage, I cannot recommend it enough. Seek out someone who listens and will work with your needs. It has many wonderful health benefits, and for this mom of three, it's a great break from reality. To learn more about the benefits of massage, check out this link:
http://soc.li/y7H0kJh

No comments:

Post a Comment